Thursday, December 18, 2008

At last my exams are over and I'm free to pay attention to the world around. I've no idea what makes me repeat the same mistake time and again! I simply don't feel the need of studying before I'm quite sure that there's practically no time left for preparations! By the time I realise that my exams are about to start, they are never round the corner, but they actually collide with me! As a result, as long as they last, they are my centre of attraction, my first love, my life, my everything! I eat exams, drink exams, sleep exams (oops! I don't sleep actually), think exams, and by the time they end, I develop dark circles round my eyes. But in the meantime, I miss out a lot!

I really feel ashamed to own up that this time my exams prevented me from following the news properly after 26/11. And believe me, nothing was more frustrating for me than that. The news was disturbing and distracting for me. I literally forced myself to avoid the television. I always felt so ignorant and at times, I even felt sefish! I craved to voice my opinion, to do something meaningful. But I couldn't! I wanted to raise my voice against terrorism, but I had to bury that voice deep down within myself. But the question that perturbs me very much is that if I had voiced my opinion, who would have been my listener? Do the politicians of our country still possess the sense of hearing? Do they still remember that they are not actually rulers but merely representatives of the common mass of a democratic country, where the people have the last say and not them? I doubt that!

Well, you simply don't get thoughts flowing out of you when you have a father nagging you continuously for dinner! I chose a wrong time to write this. I'll really have to stop here abruptly........

1 comment:

  1. news follow korte parisni porashunar jonno? ei ta amay biswas korte hobe? :P

    ReplyDelete